About

My photo
filipina. child at heart. aspiring singer. frustrated dancer. music enthusiast. uber shopaholic. emotional. moody. big dreamer. smart. sweet. sensitive. i am who i am.

Recent News

Powered by Blogger.
RSS
Post Icon

Unbelievably happy day

My husband and I chatted last night so I slept late. We argued about many things which led me to jobstreet.com to look for a job. I realized that the need was urgent that I can’t put off my job application for tomorrow. I saw an opening in 2 call center companies. A part time call center position caught my eye and so I decided to pass my application in these companies, and I applied for Tech Support. The first call center I've submitted my application to was...aw...I forgot. But the other is Convergys. After that I prayed and told God for His will to be done. I told Him that if one of these companies will ever call me for an interview, it means God wants me to work. But if not, then I won’t work.

When I woke up this morning, I’ve completely forgotten what I have prayed for. Nor I was expecting a call from any of the call centers I have submitted my application to. To my surprise, around 11 am, I received a call from Convergys! I was speechless. But since the man on the line was asking me questions, I have to answer. He asked me about my personal details and why do I want to work part-time. I answered every question he asked and then told me I passed the initial recruitment process. I didn’t know it was a phone interview! I just thought the HR was just asking me questions about the validity of the entries I’ve written in my resume. If I only knew it was an interview, I should’ve answered better. Afterwards, I received an email confirming that I passed the phone interview, and other details I might have missed during the call. I’ve passed, thank God!

I need a lot of prayers and God’s guidance and intervention. Because at times I feel I can’t do it. Sometimes I lose confidence of myself. But more of me takes this as a challenge. I am excited to learn new things or at least try to do something new in my life. I am motivated to press on and hopefully succeed.

I’ve started my first step in my job application. Tomorrow I have to get up early and prepare myself for a series of interviews and exams. I am quite nervous thinking about this challenge I have to face. Perhaps this anxiety is also excitement. I’ve prepared the dress I’ll wear for tomorrow; I’ve rehearsed my supposed-to-be answers (if in case those were the questions they’ll ask). I am actually preparing myself now- emotionally, mentally and physically. I will be in Commonwealth tomorrow- a hundred miles away from home. I will miss my kids so much. I know they will be sad when I leave home but I have to do this. After all I’m doing this for them- and for myself as well.

Break a leg Happy- you can do it! :) God bless you!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment